Question: Why do I need help from Americans for Medical Progress today?
Americans for Medical Progress (AMP) is a team of subject-matter experts that helps create and maintain an environment where essential medical advancements can continue to be made by companies and academic institutions in the research community. As we all know, animal research is necessary for future medical advancements both now and in the foreseeable future. At the same time, there’s increasing opposition and it’s on the rise. We are here to help through our programs, services and expert advice.
In many ways, AMP is analogous to your IT support team. The IT office actively monitors for issues, alerts you to them and then works alongside you until they’re resolved. You may not need their hands-on support every day, but you’re glad that they’re there. That’s precisely what AMP does as well, only we specialize in animal research. At the same time, we’re helping the public better understand why animal studies are needed and how ethically they are performed.
Question: Our organization used to support AMP but that partnership has lapsed. What has changed in recent years?
In short, a lot! AMP’s depth of programs and services has increased exponentially over the past eight years. These newly added program and service offerings include:
- 24/7 access to our staff of longtime university and industry insiders who provide advice based on firsthand experiences, decades of deep knowledge and successes.
- The AMPNews Alert system which provides biomedical research organizations with rapid, customized alerts to emerging controversies and campaigns that might hamper or halt operations. We pair these alerts with one-on-one consultations and advice whenever needed. (Email us for more information).
- Weekly and monthly newsletters which provide valuable details about emerging threats to research and crucial advocacy initiatives.
- The AMP Partner Resources Portal, a deep, extensive and constantly growing body of online resources (prepared messages, tips, advice and data) available at all hours to those we serve.
- A communications and security webinar series with expert offerings for a wide variety of audiences.
- Biomedical Research Awareness Day (BRAD) an advocacy and education program pre-built for and used by hundreds of research organizations around the globe.
- The Lab Rat Chat podcast to educate the public and assist those who work in the life sciences with their own communications skills.
- The Come See Our World website, which provides factual images and data about the animals involved in research.
- Curious Science Writers, a program for high schoolers, which educates the next generation about the biomedical research process.
- and much, much more.
Question: What specifically does a partnership with AMP provide our organization?
AMP keeps medical advances moving ahead through our fact-based public education programs that clearly demonstrate the irreplaceable role of animal studies. We also provide individualized support to partner organizations to help them respond to activities and misinformation that threaten future medical advancements and the greater discovery process.
Our supporters receive the following:
- Access to our experts 24/7
- Monitoring for anti-research activities that could affect your company
- Immediate alerts to such activities when they’re discovered
- Customized tool kits of materials for you to use to respond to that misinformation or negative event
- Staff training in communications, leadership, security and outreach
- Access to our extensive Partner Resources Portal containing plans, talking points, etc.
- Educational materials about animal research for use with employees and others
- Connection to a global network of similar companies and their best practices
Stated succinctly: We provide indispensable expert support for members of the biomedical research community to help keep medical advances moving ahead.
Question: How is AMP Funded?
AMP’s funding primarily comes from individuals and companies that provide charitable contributions which support our mission. These donations are incredibly important to help us remain a positive and supportive voice for the research community. This financial support also allows us to immediately respond with expert advice and assistance when a crisis suddenly arises and research operations are threatened.
Question: Can you tell me more about your funding/service levels?
Our newly updated funding/services model was carefully designed to account for the tremendous variability across the community we serve. It was deliberately created to support organizations of every size and type from small businesses and nonprofits to Fortune 500 companies. Our funding/service levels were also built to rapidly respond to your constantly evolving needs.
Email us and we are happy to provide you with additional information.
Question: What if I have additional questions?
That’s easy, contact us. We are happy to answer any questions or respond to any concerns.